CAMBODIA FLIGHT -- January 2004
Dear Cambodia Flying Club and Thai Flying Club and Anyone interested to Join our Cambodia Flying Adventure in 2004 -
A group of aircraft from Singapore, Malaysia, Australia and Thailand are planning a trip through Cambodia in January 2004.
Some of your members may already know about this, however I would like to give you some more information.
So far, there are 15 aircraft, ranging in size from Cherokees to an Aerostar and a Navajo. We expect 30 some people to be included. We are now contacting PTT in order to position avgas at Phnom Penh, where we will need approx 1000 US gals.
Our Route is;
VTBT-VTBU-VDPP on Jan 11
VDPP-VDRK on Jan 12
VDRK-VDPP(fuel only) - Kep on Jan 14
Kep-VDPP (fuel only) - VDSR on Jan 15
VDSR-VTBU-VTBT on Jan16
( for more information, please refer to www.cambodiaflyingclub.com )
I expect that some of the aircraft may have seats available, and should some of your members so wish, it may be possible to offer to take some of them on the legs within Cambodia. For your reference, we have asked Prince Panya if he would like to join us. I would appreciate your comments on the above.
Please contact me if you are interested to join this trip,
Jon Elliott (in Singapore)
|Dear Prince Panya,
1. We are now progressing well with the arrangements for our flying visit to Cambodia. So far, we have 14 aircraft who have indicated they wish to participate, from as far away as Australia. I believe that this will be a major event in the S.E Asian aviation calendar, and we are all very excited about it! During a planning meeting last night, it was suggested that, as you have shown such interest in General Aviation, perhaps we could invite you to join our tour as a guest.
2. Our route and schedule is as follows;
3. Arrive Phnom Penh Jan 11th around noon Depart for Ratanakiri next morning, and stay there until 14th morning, when we go back to Phnom Penh to refuel and on to Kep. We would like to night stop at Kep on Jan 14th, then fly back to Phnom Penh to refuel and on to Siem Reap. We would stay at Siem Reap for the night of Jan 15, then depart for Thailand.
4. We will be stopping at Bang Phra, the Thai Flying Club, before and after visiting Cambodia.
5. We would be honoured if you could find time to accompany us for this trip....we could meet up when we arrive in Phnom Penh on Jan 11th, and if you wish, could travel with us until we leave Cambodia from Siem Reap. Alternatively you could meet us at Bang Phra and accompany us until we again pass Bang Phra on the way home. We would be delighted if you could come with us, and can promise a wide selection of aircraft in which you could fly!
Please let me know if you would be able to join us.
With best regards,
|STATUS - 26 October 2003
Time marches on, and we should now freeze the list of participating acft, so we can arrange fuel etc etc. I would therefore appreciate if you would let me have your response to the following questions;
1. Acft type/reg/owner/operator
2. Expected POB. (no need to be too accurate yet)
3. What avgas uplift you need, based upon the schedule contained in my email of 9/4/2003 ?
4. If you will be joining us at the start ex WMKJ, or at some other point along the way ? Similarly, if you will be splitting off before the end of the trip. I need the dates, too, please.
5. If you have any strong preference for hotels along the way, or any "must avoid" suggestions. Otherwise I will try to pick comfortable, not backpacker, standard.
6. I have a response from the Cambodian DCA and we are set to make our flt approval application. I also have to get PTT moving on the fuel, which may take time to position.
KEP AIRFIELD INFORMATION
CFC trip progress report by Tom Claytor